The Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology offers programming and project facilitation support that serves the diverse needs and audiences of the University Community. As a centrally-provisioned service unit, the Centre offers a range of services that address needs of individuals, academic units and the University mission as a whole. These include:
- Delivering research-informed programs and services that support professional growth in areas such as teaching and learning skills development, classroom climate and inclusivity, course redesign, educational technology implementation and reflective practice.
- Partnering with academic and administrative units to design, plan and develop educational experiences that enhance learning flexibility such as distance and blended course offerings and open educational resources.
- Providing strategic consultation, facilitation and project coordination services in support of major research-informed pedagogical and curriculum initiatives.
- Collaborating on projects that strategically investigate, develop, pilot and evaluate educational technologies.
- Through the Institute for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, providing leadership and support for strategic curricula and pedagogical initiatives (e.g., learning-centred curriculum renewal, evaluation of teaching, implementation of new professor of teaching track) that create greater coherence and synergies for educational practices within and across the disciplines at UBC.
See below for a list of our services: