The Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology supports Faculties that offer courses and programs to students who prefer alternative (technology-enabled) learning modes, seek scheduling flexibility and/or are unable to come to campus. These course offerings bridge physical and administrative distances, enabling students to balance their educational, professional and personal lives. Our instructional design, project management and distance education expertise strengthens UBC’s ability to leverage scarce resources to the benefit of on-campus and off-campus learners. Through these efforts, CTLT and its partners help to extend UBC’s campus throughout the province and world, positioning the University as a leader in innovative educational practice in the global community. All courses supported by CTLT carry full credit toward degree programs.
New to Distance Learning at UBC?
- I’m an Instructor New to Distance Learning
- Is Distance Learning for Me?
- Admission to UBC
- Online Registration and Course Fees
Help Desk for Online Learners
If you have any technical questions, please email the CTLT Help Desk at this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your email, please indicate the following:
- which course and section you are enrolled in (e.g., PSYC320 98A)
- your CWL
- any error message that you have received
- your computer operating system (e.g., Windows Vista, MAC OSX, etc.)
- your Internet browser and version number (e.g., Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3, etc.)
Generally, you will receive a response within 24 to 48 hours (or less). For more information, visit the Using the Technology page.