- Other Resources
- Learner Support
- Exams, Records and Registration
- Financial Assistance and Awards
- Technical Help
UBC Bookstore 6200 University Blvd Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z4 Tel: 604-822-2665 or 1-800-661-3889 (in Canada) Fax: 604-822-8592 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: http://www.bookstore.ubc.ca/det/index.html
The Access and Diversity office allows students to:
- access support if you have a disability or illness which may affect your studies
- discuss your needs for accommodation
UBC Access and Diversity Brock Hall, Room 1040 1874 East Mall Vancouver, BC V6T 1Z1 Tel: 604-822-5844 TTY: 604-822-9049 Fax: 604-822-6655 Email: email@example.com Web: http://students.ubc.ca/access/drc.cfm
Financial Assistance & Awards
Find out about scholarship and bursary possibilities and apply for government loans and grants: Tel: 604-822-5111 Web: http://students.ubc.ca/finance
English Language Institute
The UBC Library is the second largest research library in Canada.
For information about the library’s services for distance education students please visit http://help.library.ubc.ca/help-for/distance-education-students
The Library also offers reference assistance online. For more information please visit: http://www.library.ubc.ca/home/im.html.
Advice and Guidance for Learners
UBC Enrolment Services
General contact information: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 604-822-9836 or 1-877-272-1422
Enrolment Services can assist you in the following ways. They will:
- Help you with course registration.
- Provide advice and guidance about distance education courses.
- Assist you with academic concessions when necessary (course extensions).
- Schedule exams for distance education students.
- Assist you in solving course related problems.
Paul Poole, Program Manager, Non-Degree Studies, Enrolment Services 604 822-9435 email@example.com
Exams Coordinator, Enrolment Services 604-822-8116 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Direct assistance for learners with any exam questions or problems.
Course Support and Materials
Susan Wong, Course Support Liaison 604-822-6550 email@example.com
- Late force-ins for students on instructor approval.
- Provides emailed course information for students at start of term.
- Assists students with problems related to course materials.
Policy and Advocacy
Jeff Miller, Senior Manager, Distance Learning 604-822-0735 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manages the development of new projects/courses.
- Provides information regarding the proposal process for new project funding/major revisions.
- Manages course updates and revisions (print and online).
- Reviews policy and planning issues related to DE learners (in collaboration with Learner Support Steering Committee).
Exams, Records and Registration
Records & Registration - Exams Faculty Service Centre (FSC)
Exams Coordinator 604-822-8116 email@example.com
DE exam information is available on the UBC Student Services site: http://www.students.ubc.ca/current/exams.cfm.
Financial Assistance and Awards
Find out about scholarship and bursary possibilities and apply for government loans and grants. Tel: 604-822-5111 Web: http://students.ubc.ca/finance