Will you be teaching a course in the next year? Design or re-design your course now, by participating in the Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology (CTLT) and Partners Course Design Intensive.
What: An intensive 3 days in a supportive atmosphere, working both individually and collaboratively, to design or re-design a course that you teach or are planning to teach. You must register and attend for the entire 3 day Intensive.
Upon completion of the Course Design Intensive you will be able to:
- Describe who you are as an instructor, and who your learners are
- Develop course goals (themes) and learning objectives
- Implement teaching strategies, and appropriate teaching and learning activities
- Create a learning evaluation plan for your course
- Develop a plan to become a reflective practitioner, using self, peer and student feedback to improve your course
- Share course design knowledge with your department or faculty
Who: You are a post-secondary educator or instructor, faculty, post-doc, staff or graduate student. You teach or lead a course, program or other initiative in any discipline, credit or non-credit. To participate, you must have a course that you would like to design or re-design, regardless of the mode (face-to-face, online or mixed-mode). You will be asked to bring any existing course documents and materials with you to the Intensive.
Cost: We require a $50.00 deposit to confirm your registration, and your place in the Intensive. The deposit will be returned to you upon successful completion of the Intensive.
When: The Intensive will be offered twice per year. See the CTLT Events website for details.
For more information, please email Jan Johnson.