The Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology offers a wide range of resources of value to teaching assistants, both at our Centre and website. We will continue to develop and share more resources to help support you in your role as a teaching assistant. Feel free to check back often for any updates.
An Instructional Resource Guide for Teaching Assistants
The An Instructional Resource Guide for Teaching Assistants has practical strategies and information to help novice and experienced Teaching Assistants.
The Resource Guide answers questions such as:
- What is my role as TA?
- How can I use different instructional techniques to enhance my classes?
- How do I encourage student participation?
- How do I manage conflicts in the classroom?
- How do I best prepare for laboratory sessions?
- How can I manage stress?
And much, much more!
- Online Instructional Resources - Michigan State University
- Teaching Assistant Handbook - University of Texas at Dallas
- The Art of TAing by Kostas Pagiamtzis
- Icebreakers and Energizers: Kim’s Korner for Teacher Talk