- Field-tested Learning Assessment Guide for Science, Math, Engineering and Technology Instructors
- Description: "Succinct, self-contained, self-instructional, web-based modules that introduce a broadly applicable range of techniques” for use in college or university courses.
- URL: http://www.flaguide.org
- Classroom Assessment Techniques by the Centre for Excellence in Learning and Teaching at Iowa State University
- Description: Introduces CATs, outlines their multiple uses and shows different types.
- URL: http://www.celt.iastate.edu/teaching-resources/classroom-practice/teaching-techniques-strategies/check-student-learning
- Constructing Exams and Tests
- Peer Review of Teaching
- Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition
- Self Evaluation of Teaching
- Student Evaluation of Teaching
- Teaching Goals Inventory
- Teaching Portfolio
Constructing Exams and Tests
- Evaluating Students - Center for Teaching and Learning, Stanford University
- Information about creating assignments, assessing student learning, and academic honesty and dishonesty.
Peer Review of Teaching
- How to do Peer Review - Macquarie University. Sidney Australia
- Provides downloadable, printable resources and video resources related to peer review.
- Peer Review of Teaching Project - University of Nebraska, Lincoln
- Provides a sample of documents used in peer review, portfolio examples, a description of the peer consultation process, a newsletter and links to additional resources.
- Peer Evaluation of Teaching - Flinders University
- Intended to help instructors clarify their purposes for participating in peer review of teaching.
- Peer Review of Teaching for Promotion Purposes - Australian Learning and Teaching Council
- An excellent site with resources that can be used and modified by your department/institution. The focus is on summative peer review, but many resources are highly suitable for formative review.
Prior Learning Assessment and Recognition
- Creating Rubrics: Tools You Can Use - Linda Starr, Education World
- Explains how rubrics can guide students and support instructor assessments. Included: Three online tools for creating rubrics.
- Rubrics and Rubric Makers - teAchnology
- A wealth of rubric tools – easy to customize and practical.
- Assessment and Rubrics - Kathy Schrock's Guide for Educators
- Explore for a wide range of example rubrics and how to articles.
Self Evaluation of Teaching
- Self-Evaluation - Monash University
- Tools to use and questions to pose in the self-evaluation of teaching.
- Peer Observation of Teaching - University College of Dublin
- Presents techniques for self-evaluation of teaching.
Student Evaluation of Teaching
- Some Resources on Student Evaluation of Teaching - Russell A. Hunt, St. Thomas University
- List of books and articles (last updated December 2002) about student evaluations of teaching.
- Student Evaluation of Teaching: Methodological Critique - Robert Sproule
- This paper outlines two arguments that “challenge those who would advocate a continuation of the exclusive use of raw SET data in the determination of ‘teaching effectiveness’ in the ’summative” function’”. The paper also seeks to answer the question: “In the face of such challenges, why do university administrators continue to use these data exclusively in the determination of ‘teaching effectiveness’?”
Teaching Goals Inventory
- Teaching Goals Inventory - Centre for Teaching, University of Iowa
- Take the Teaching Goals Inventory online and automatically see your scores.
The terms teaching portfolio and teaching dossier can be used interchangeably.
- electronicportfolios.org - Dr. Helen Barrett
- Dr. Helen Barrett, internationally-known expert on Electronic Portfolio Development, has a wealth of information on her site.
- Portfolio Resources - Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology, University of British Columbia