- Course Design
- Curriculum Development
- Instructional Design for Online Courses Development
- Learning Objectives
- Design & Teach A Course - Carnegie Mellon University
- Breaks course design into categories (i.e., scope and content, course objectives, maximizing the TAS role, etc) and offers a wealth of information under each category.
- Course Design Resources - Center for Instructional Development and Research, University of Washington
- Information about course design tools, case studies concerning course design case studies and list of recommended readings
- Good Practice: Curriculum Development - Centre for Teaching and Learning, Queen's University
- Guidelines for curriculum development, references, developing a syllabus, developing a lesson plan, setting goals and more.
- Curriculum, Course, and Program Design and Assessment - National Academy for Academic Leadership
- Briefly reviews some principles on curriculum design, lists curricular outcome goals and objectives and lists some recommended readings.
Instructional Design for Online Courses Development
- Develop Online Courses - stylusinc
- Step-by-step guide to developing online courses. Related links provided.
- Online Education Resources: Instructional Design - Illinois Online Network
- Articles of relevance to online learning and instructional design.
- Principles of Online Design - Florida Gulf Coast University
- Information on instructional/audience analysis, goals/objectives, instructional activities, evaluation, and teaching strategies.
- Theory and Practice of Online Learning - Athabasca University
- Compiles the online and distance education expertise that was developed at Canada’s Open University during the past 30 years. The book (free to download) addresses the “practical issues all online educators face, from infrastructure and course development to student support and copyright issues.”
- Learning Outcomes - Mount Royal College
- Resources and links to support faculty in identifying, analyzing, writing and integrating learning outcomes into curriculum.
- Issues to Consider When Writing a Syllabus - Dr. Lauren Scharff
- Offers pointers about issues to consider when writing a syllabus.
- Learning-Centered Syllabi Workshop - Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching, Iowa State University
- Guide helping to promote the value of a learning-centered syllabus and offers suggestions for creating one.
- Learning-Centered Syllabus - Center for Teaching and Learning, University of Delaware
- Suggests items to consider when writing a syllabus