- Conflict Management
- Presentation Skills
- Teaching Assistants (Handbooks for)
- Teaching Styles
- Fundamentals of Communication Resource Center - Houghton Mifflin Company
- Links that help instructors who work in communication and public speaking classrooms. The main site has sections that pertain to general communication, speech communication, and public speaking.
- Creativity and Innovation Techniques: an A to Z - Mycoted
- Describes over 200 techniques and tools. Techniques are listed alphabetically.
- Resources for Creativity and Innovation - Creativity Web
- Collection of instructional resources, including books, software, and techniques.
- Discussion: Basic Strategies - Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning, Indiana University Bloomington
- Information about preparing for discussions, problems with discussion, and strategies for building discussion throughout a class section.
- On Questions: Asking Them, Answering Them, and Learning From Them - Brian D. Joseph, Ohio State University
- In this article, the author articulates why he thinks the practice of asking questions is important and reviews some techniques for successful questioning.
- Active Reviewing Guide to Facilitating Reflection, Debriefing and Transfer
- Monthly newsletter (archives on site) to augment reviewing and facilitation skills.
- Basic Facilitation Primer (PDF)
- Published by The Human Leadership and Development Division of the American Society for Quality, The Association for Quality and Participation, and The International Association of Facilitators.
- Lecturing - Center for Teaching and Learning, University of California Berkeley
- Resources for delivering a lecture.
- Hints for a Great Classroom Presentation - Virtual Humanities Lab, Brown University
- Article with practical advice to help in presentation preparation and delivery.
- Problem Solving Techniques - VirtualSalt
- This article presents techniques for problem-solving.
- CPS Techniques
- Compilation of techniques for problem solving and/or stimulating creativity.
Teaching Assistants (Handbooks for)
- Instructional Resource Guide for Teaching Assistants (PDF) - Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology, UBC
- Teaching Assistant Handbook - Office of Graduate Studies, University of Texas, Dallas
- Teaching Styles
- Offers a brief introduction to four different learning styles, a comparison of the four styles and a teaching styles quiz for those who would like to get an indication of what their main teaching style is and whether it suits online teaching.