- Conflict Management
- Teaching Assistants (Handbooks for)
- Teaching Styles
- Fundamentals of Communication Resource Center - Houghton Mifflin Company
- Links that help instructors who work in communication and public speaking classrooms. The main site has sections that pertain to general communication, speech communication, and public speaking.
- ACR Education Section - Association for Conflict Resolution
- Links to short articles, reports, and other resources to do with conflict management.
- Mediation Resources - Conflict Resolution, Campus Resources
- Recommends books about mediation in higher education.
- Brainstorming Techniques Resource Center - Innovation Tools
- Contains a wealth of techniques for generating ideas and other articles on creativity.
- Creativity and Innovation Techniques: an A to Z - Mycoted
- Describes over 200 techniques and tools. Techniques are listed alphabetically.
- Resources for Creativity and Innovation - Creativity Web
- Collection of instructional resources, including books, software and techniques.
- Discussion Techniques - Centre for Teaching and Learning Services, Concordia University
- Brief introduction to a variety of issues related to generating classroom discussions and encouraging participation.
- Discussions - Indiana University Teaching Handbook
- Links to resources for generating classroom discussions, using questions, and encouraging participation.
- On Questions: Asking Them, Answering Them, and Learning From Them - Brian D. Joseph, Ohio State University
- In this article, the author articulates why he thinks the practice of asking questions is important and reviews some techniques for successful questioning.
- Active Reviewing Guide to Facilitating Reflection, Debriefing and Transfer
- Monthly newsletter (archives on site) to augment reviewing and facilitation skills.
- G Basic Facilitation Primer (PDF) - University of Iowa
- Published by The Human Leadership and Development Division of the American Society for Quality, The Association for Quality and Participation, The International Association of Facilitators
- PowerPoint Tutorial
- Gives practical tips, and step-by-step guidelines for creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Using PowerPoint in the Classroom - Dr. Alice Christie
- Rational and ideas for use, tips/tricks & tutorials, and more.
- Teaching Materials (See Lecturing) - Office of Educational Development, University of California Berkeley
- Tip sheets on general considerations, delivery dos and don’ts and on how to make your speaking easier and more effective.
- Hints for a Great Classroom Presentation - Virtual Humanities Lab, Brown University
- Article with practical advice to help in presentation preparation and delivery.
- Problem Solving Techniques and Resources
- Compilation of techniques gathered from various sources on the Internet regarding the topic of problem solving.
- Problem Solving Skills and Techniques
- Links to resources, tips and articles related to problem-solving.
- Problem Solving Techniques
- This article presents techniques for problem-solving.
- CPS Techniques
- Compilation of techniques for problem solving and/or stimulating creativity.
Teaching Assistants (Handbooks for)
- Instructional Resource Guide for Teaching Assistants (PDF) - Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology, UBC
- Teaching Assistant Handbook - Office of Graduate Studies, University of Texas, Dallas
- Faculty Handbook - University of Iowa
- Teaching Styles
- Offers a brief introduction to four different learning styles, a comparison of the four styles and a teaching styles quiz for those who would like to get an indication of what their main teaching style is and whether it suits online teaching.
- Teaching Styles and Instructional Uses of the World Wide Web - Center for Instruction, Research, and Technology, Indiana State University
- Information about how an understanding of teaching styles and learning styles can help faculty enhance their teaching. This page contains several links for instructors who wish to consider teaching/learning styles when planning their distance education courses