The Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology offers programming and project facilitation support that serves the diverse needs and audiences of the University Community. As a centrally-provisioned service unit, CTLT offers a range of services that address needs of individuals, academic units and the University mission as a whole. These include:
- Delivering research-informed programs and services that support professional growth in areas such as teaching and learning skills development, classroom climate and inclusivity, course redesign, educational technology implementation and reflective practice.
- Partnering with academic and administrative units to design, plan and develop educational experiences that enhance learning flexibility such as distance and blended course offerings and open educational resources.
- Providing strategic consultation, facilitation and project coordination services in support of major research-informed pedagogical and curriculum initiatives.
- Collaborating on projects that strategically investigate, develop, pilot and evaluate educational technologies.
- Through the Institute for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, providing leadership and support for strategic curricula and pedagogical initiatives (e.g., learning-centered curriculum renewal, evaluation of teaching, implementation of new professor of teaching track) that create greater coherence and synergies for educational practices within and across the disciplines at UBC.